This screen enables you to commence creating a new Uwazi database. Contact phone, email and addresses for the organization are entered here. Further screens guide you through additional options and configuration for the new database.
Databases are generally created to record details of companies/trusts/not for profit organizations, etc. If you, or your associate, are in business as a sole trader, then you will need a database for that person individually. It’s also possible that if a person operates several businesses, they may need several databases, one for each business.
If you are creating a database with the same or very similar name and contact details as your membership, then press the Copy from member button. The details from your membership will be then copied over. You are then able to make further edits. An example of the database details copied from a membership is shown below:
Please provide name and contact details for the organization in the following fields:
- Salutation: Mr/Ms/Mrs/Dr, etc. Use this field only if the membership is for an individual. You would generally only use an individual membership if you were going to create a database for a sole trader business. If you are using some corporate structure like a company or trust, then leave this field blank.
- Family or Company name: For most memberships, put your organization name here. For an individual membership, put the individual’s family name here. Note that an individual member’s family name does not need to be the same as your user’s family’s name, which would be the case if you are creating a membership for someone else.
- Given name: For companies/trusts, leave this field blank. For individual memberships, the given name of the member.
Is company/trust: If the business is not an individual/sole trader, then tick this field. The given name and salutation fields will then be ignored. This will also help optimize your Uwazi experience based on the type of business that the database is linked to.
- Phone and Email fields: Provide contact information as appropriate.
Uwazi supports multiple addresses per database. The screen will load with one address pre-loaded, and additional address fields can be added by pressing one of the buttons.
Each address consists of the following fields:
- Unit number
- Street (part 1)
- Street (part 2)
- Country: The Country field is required.
To delete an address, press the button. If you accidentally press this button, or change your mind, you can press the button that replaces this button.
You can change the order of addresses by pressing the and buttons.
Finishing with this screen
If you wish to proceed with creating this new Uwazi database, then click the “Create Uwazi database” button. As described above, you can copy details from an Uwazi membership by pressing the “Copy from member” button. Otherwise, press the “Cancel” button.